It’s what it is!!

Not until I read ‘Anne Frank’s diary’ I was able to understand one of the most significant terms in every human life!! It’s the world famous diary apparently written by the young Dutch girl who started writing when she was thirteen, that promptly explained her life in hiding for two years in small office building during World War II. She however could not survive out of concentration camp beyond fifteen years of her age! Her quality of writing and expressions are so intense that does not lower the hangover of the feelings expressed easily. I was so much into that book that, one morning I got up with a terrible fear feeling as though as I was in hiding!!! And there my friends, was my realization on the significant term –‘Freedom!!’

It’s the free spirit that maketh a life. The fight going on for the same in Bangalore prison is one of the examples. Although the prisoner’s demands are outrageous to the government, one can sense the desperation for freedom in them. The life in prison is the least one may want. Infact, one of the classy movies – ‘Shawshank redemption’ explains it all and how the genius makes his way through to his freedom. It’s indeed a blessing to be in a country that not only is a free country but also is democratic. However, in a weird way, democracy is becoming more of a boon to politicians these days in India!!

Anyway although I am a patriotic soul who used to get goose bumps when I hear National Anthem or just by the look of National Flag and also, attended parades and other programs sometimes just as a fest on Independence Day, after such realizations- I do get that same impressions for right transformed reasons for sure!

Freedom indeed is what it is and nothing can be compensated for it!!

So, with the respect of highest order to all those freedom fighters, to all those men and women at the borders and especially to the freedom to be…. “Happy Independence Day to all”


Signing off for now,

Achu

0 comments:

Post a Comment