Age-o-meter!!

In a concert that I attended last week, one person suddenly got up out of that behaved crowd balancing the water bottle on his head and, danced around confidently and so gracefully showing the exorbitant involvement and the enjoyment that music was providing to him! He made the entire Chowdaiah Memorial Hall crowd to clap for him until the hands got sour! This Gentleman was nothing less than Seventy years of age!

My Grandpa who is in his nineties does not miss out on his disciplined routine of waking up at 5:30 in the morning followed by immediate bath and thereafter reading for rest of the day! And this holds good for all weekdays and the weekends that makes no difference to him even today!!

And I wonder how these above humble people could afford to be so ruthless to manipulate that number which gambles around in everyone’s life which is – A.G.E!

My belief is that every human being on this earth gets an age attack (referring to the state where one is bothered about growing older)! It could strike you some or the other time for some or the other reason and sometimes, it irritably tickles for no reason! I also firmly believe that, one must get a pretty severe age attack so that they deal with the problem and evolve out of that by understanding the grace that each age has to offer and enjoy the comfort! It’s easy to identify those faces who have mastered this following sentence which I happened to see in one of my friends FB profile- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter!”

Ageing gracefully is a popular phenomenon that most of us have heard of! It seems grace combined with wrinkles is adorable! Infact there are tons of elderly people in my own family that I can proudly quote who have successfully accomplished this hard task. But I choose the celebrities to illustrate as they are common and spice up this topic! The actress Rekha could be super stunning in her fifties but she terribly lacks the grace that Jaya Bachan possesses with almost same age. There is such breathtaking celebrities walk on Oscars Red carpet but I can’t stop looking out for my favorite actress Meryl Streep who is an epitome of grace to me!! Shobhaa De goes saying – Sixty is Sexy! And I can no way miss out to mention Dr.Vijay Mallya who not only carries the grace but gets more and more flamboyant with his age! And finally, Barack Obama’s recent visit to India and his activities made me wonder if there really a man exists like that or is it just a dream!!

I guess age has no interference with anything. People are doing much better and achieving much better as they move up the ladder. Recently in India, a hundred year old man did his PhD for god sake! In a television show, there was a nice debate with Rajat Kapoor and Shekhar Suman and couple of others where they were concluding that 40 is a new birth in human life since most of the people happens to be in their professional peak facing utmost challenges then. Looks like almost everything gets better with age!

Well, we all kind of know that age is related to such fine tuning of the mind. If mind doesn’t accept the limitations that come with each passing decade, then I don’t think so this age-o-meter can anyway work! It will be best to believe that “best is yet to come” and that way, moving forward will be damn exciting with a nice makeover of the overall personality as we proceed!!

As Lionel Blair Says-“Whenever the talk turns to age, I say I am 49 plus VAT”!

My interpretation on his saying is, he must be referring VAT to his experience coz that’s expensive and so are the taxes; and perhaps 49 is the age that he ever wants to stay on!!So it’s simple! You get to decide the age you want to be in and term the rest as the VAT! And in such case-'more the steam,the better it is'!

Well, now go ahead and set your age-o-meter to your convenience and gamble around gloriously!

Have a good game people:)


Signing off for now,

Achu

9 comments:

Puttu said...

Unknowingly we can hold our breath, but not knowingly (your new blog)!!

Started counting my age after reading this!! Don't know how much left ;)

Lokesh said...

Very nice subject achu....perfect, there is nothing in this world that isn't ageing...c'mon, there are lot many things to do instead of "minding" about ageing....whatever one minds, they don't stop ageing :) As we grow, our focus changes and if that focus is to keep doing the best, then, with the experience, unkowingly we discover something that cannot be said! I think you've felt that....else you don't write this....good one....there's lot you'll discover....keep going.

Unknown said...

Very nice topic you have taken Achala...I know everybody undergoes Age-Attck!!...And now while reading this artcile ..my age came into my mind!! hahaha

But very few take it gracefully...And as you interpreted that achievements have no age restriction but appearance in the society sure does have!!...

Achala said...

@Puttu- Counting what?? The intent of this post is totally opposite!I am pretty disappointed to know about my words being wasted:(

@Lokesh- Couldn't agree with you more!

@Ashwini- Making your age factor come into your mind while reading this makes me feel like a culprit spoiling an innocent persons mind;)

Unknown said...

haha....not to be felt culprit at all :))...but your writing has a nice feel on whatever topic you choose...thats what makes me feel to wait for a new blog every week... But I guess the current blog was a bit late to be posted...right.. :)

Waiting for the new one... :)

Cheers
Ashwini

Puttu said...

hey... Achu never mind, it's suppose to be "Started counting my age plus VAT after reading this" it's a typo from my end, sorry for that..

Achala said...

@Ashwini- Oops now i have weekly targets is it!! i thought i had enough of those in my corporate cosmos:)

@Puttu- Thanks for the correction! Now thats a lot easing:)

Anonymous said...

Indeed a great insight on aging. numbers do matter not in age but profession. It is better to forget numbers in age. Great mantra to remain young forever. Quoting your grandpa as an example was a good move.
Nice one, resplendent
shri

Achala said...

Thank You, Shridhar!

Post a Comment