A Good Book = A Good Affair!! (Book Review)

“Fascinating” is the term that comes to my mind when I think of this book. I was infact busy running my read marathons on a non-fiction base when my friend referred me to this simply amazing fiction book! Though I had second thoughts about going for this, my friend’s expressions and descriptions nudged me in to trying another IIM’s written book- ‘The Immortals of Meluha’ By Amish Tripathi which has indeed given me not just the good affair but, “the best affair possible!”

The cover page of the book is no less demanding you to go for it! It has Lord Shiva with enamoring masculine body with Trishool but face not shown! It is so captivating that I wished that the face was shown on the cover and there…the suspense starts right from the cover page and the book carries it till the end!! It is the journey of Lord Shiva with being a normal man turned in to a legend and thereby GOD! An extreme Imagination enrolled by Amish and one can perhaps call it a mythological fiction as there are many elements of mythology embedded in various contexts which are so very interesting! It has the contemporary flavor added to the past incidents and the connection made in them just awestruck me!It also has some amazing yet simple leadership qualities finely projected!! Perhaps could be a text book for corporates;)

Anyway, the story line is so well tailor made that it grabs your attention all through! It has the perfect balance between the suspense and the patience of the reader! The characters and the situation descriptions are overwhelming! There are so many emotions that are so well described and inturn well retained! The emotions are engraved in such realistic manner may it be Love, Friendship, Respect, Concern, Leadership, Humility, Obedience, Crushes, Evil, Romance and especially the mental Romance! Sometimes it has such faint Humor as well!! The best part that I liked was the First Person narration by Lord Shiva himself! It gives such an easy access to the character that makes you enjoy the read thoroughly!

Overall it’s a book not to be missed else I wouldn’t have bothered to put it in here! As I mentioned before that it has given me the best affair possible and,as the best affairs are meant to last and so this...I can’t wait to read the sequel of this book…


PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP8Qzv2r3iI


Signing off for now,

Achu

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Achala..

I just went through the trailor of the film. It's very captivating and also got the website for the same from there and got to download the first chapter of the book.. The trailors and the way you have expressed your emotions towards it ..is makiing me more tempted to start the read. Thanks for sharing :) .. I hopefully get in touch with the complete book in hand soon.

Regards
Ashwini

Achala said...

Hi Ash- I 'insist' you to read this entire book!

Lokesh said...

Marketing?? if you are practicing how to write "marketing articles", good one!

Achala said...

Lokesh- Its the 'Love for the book' expressed!!

Post a Comment