A rare city...


It’s been a fresh start today, this sunday morning, all to myself and so peaceful. I do have such awesome feeling when I travel; visit places that give me enchanted experience, making me feel the beauty and that beauty so unspecific. As I am having this soothing mind-set, I thought of jotting down my experience about one such place, which gave me the best time couple of months ago… a place that makes you either to love it or hate, sparing from hell of a confusion.

Having waited for couple of years to get there, I was excited to death when my good old friend and I finally made it. I couldn’t wait to witness the overwhelming mixed culture, a deliberate fusion at one stop which was my main curiosity. But that was out-beaten in no time by the other aspects of the city beautifully architected in blocks, nestled with calming aura, peaceful beach, with a thin-line separating east from the western culture.   

I being the person who loves to explore by walking, felt like that place was a boon. There was inspiring art, detailed sculptures, tireless pathways, beautiful beach-side; in addition to the shacks with their authentic French cuisine, good inexpensive wines, spicy Indian chaats, refreshing ayurvedic massages, and moreover a sheer home for leather-goods shopping.

The city simply felt like a strong-character driven, offering to varied interests. Few of my friends and I share the same feeling that, one either gets totally conditioned to this place or turns otherwise, which indeed is the rarity. And I just can’t stop thinking about anything that makes me feel like going back to it. Pondicherry, Puducherry or Pondy as its popularly known, is surely one among them!



Signing off for now,

Achu




0 comments:

Post a Comment