“The grass is green- It’s so simple”

It was a mere blessing to travel by train from Castle town to Vasco. We were about twenty colleagues heading to Goa for a holiday in off-season which was slightly post monsoon. I dint realize until I went there as to how off-season apparently is the best season to travel for those who wants get drowned in the glorious mercy of nature. Well, based on personal experience, I recommend to my readers traveling in the off season to venture out Ooty as well as Kerala.

If I remember correctly, it was about 4-5 hours of train journey to reach Vasco…Sorry 4-5 hours of ‘breathtaking’ journey to Vasco!! Almost everyone in the train went crazy with the view it offered outside. So many were busy clicking snaps and were astonished with the lush greenery with water falls intermittently appearing like from nowhere. Clearly it was out of the world experience. How much ever I was involved with my friends, my eyes never stopped cherishing the grace around. It was unbelievable to me as to how much the nature can offer & is humble enough to let us through such beautiful hilly midst. Infact, one can so easily personify nature- “nature indeed is someone so glamorous but yet down to earth!!”

Ultimately it was my lifetime experience! It was imprinted in my mind and was beyond my words to explain to anyone. It’s in such situations when you feel the shortage of appropriate words to explain the intensity, one tend to choose different form of expressions. In the words of Edward Hopper “if you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint” and likewise in my case, I choose the poetic form. Ofcourse I am not the one who writes sonnets & stuff but like my senior colleague and writer himself once said “your poems are good with awkward structures” …Well, god forbid let them be just for me:)

So I got back and wrote a poem on my experience titled “Nature Rail” and left the printout on my best friend’s desk for her to go through. As it was lying there for longer I suppose, one of our common friends who had also accompanied us to the same trip, happened to read and appreciated it. It was good until the next day wherein he slipped out his views about the poetic form of expression saying that - “the grass is green- It’s so simple to say…but why one has to make it so complicated??” he meant that when something that can be said without hidden meanings and words then, why not go for it?

I was dumbstruck!!! I dint have any answer to him on the spot! I knew there was nothing to worry about as, it depends on each ones view and choices. But deep down, I knew I was surely offended, which, might have been because I could not justify to him my own purpose of work! I was once again out of words and to top it all, his question never left my mind. I had to find an answer else I wouldn't have slept. That day while getting back home in office bus, I wrote the answer which was apparently the free flow of thoughts and to my surprise- "in the poetic form" to torture him again:) anyway there is no other way that I could have ever substantiated it better. Indeed the below poem is the result of the conversation and is one of them that I cherish reading…

Intense Feeling…

Bird chirping louder in the evening;

Getting back to the folks arm;

All excited to spend the rest of the time;

Knotting the Intense feeling of togetherness:


Farmer ploughing the land;

Taking a look at the pretty green beside;

Recollecting the hard work bound to it;

Knotting the Intense feeling of achievement:


Groom walking to the wedding hall;

Taking a glance on the bride side;

Clasping the grin on her face;

Knotting the Intense feeling of completeness:


Sunshine spreading worldwide;

Never missing a single day’s promise;

Alarming everyone for the bright start;

Knotting the Intense feeling of assurance:


Writer penning down drop of thoughts;

Been questioned for the form of expression;

Unable to justify the poetic testimony;

Knotting the Intense feeling of contentment:


Signing off for now,

Achu

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously.. this has been one of my favourite poem too :)

Unknown said...

Would love to read more :-) keep them coming Achala!

Post a Comment