I’m telling ya…u’ll love ‘em!

“I want to feel my life while I’m in it”- Meryl Streep

Indeed the above quote is from a very renowned personality who is also one of my favourite actresses!! Such one-liners have always taken me for a spin!! She means so much in such short sentence! Infact, how many of us can possibly ‘feel’ what we do in every aspect of life? having a great feeling in everything you do is indeed a divine experience that’s not everybody’s cup of tea! And therefore that quote of hers blows my mind completely!!

I have been a big fan of quotes of any kind! The moment I pick up RD, I do not go to the ‘laughter’ page and I do not go to the most popular ‘life’s like that’ page but, I directly pledge myself to the page of “quotes.” They are so thought provoking and although, some are hilarious like this one for instance- “When a husband brings flowers for his wife for no reason, there’s a reason:) quotes do not give up on your rational thinking! It gets me enthralled as to how the volumes of messages can be put in such concise manner. They are crisp but capable of talking life time experience. The best part is, there are all kinds of categories in them to suit your mindset!!

Some great sayings can rush through you like a slap on the face… like this one here- “Tell me what you brag about and I can tell you what you lack”

If you need something sweeter, here it is- “The most important thing a father can do to his children is to love their mother”.

Something witty- “Cooking is like making love, you do it well, or you do not do it at all”.

Something political- “Politicians are same all over; they promise to build bridge even when there is no river”

Or if you need to kick in some positivity- “whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe he can achieve”

For health- “the person who has no time for exercise must make time for illness”

Or you want something for trance- “the quiet mind cureth all”

Or something for self-upliftment- “accept that some days you are pigeon and somedays statue”

Something for just to be yourself… “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it”

Well, am sure there are oceans of quotes available on the net, in books, posters, calendars & some on t-shirts as well. But here, I want to suggest one handbook which I loved the best!! I picked it up from crossword and it’s called “Attitude, Altitude” a Times of India effort with Bennett Coleman publish. It’s a handout that’s stands apart...something different like that of ‘Chanakya Neeti’ which is a pure delight to read. Anyway this handbook that I am suggesting has the sayings from great people showing off their extraordinary attitude but being outrageously modest!! I tell you… get up early morning, take a big mug of hot tea and sit by the window and read through that book…hmmm…u’ll love ‘em!!

Now, as an abridgement to my post here on quotes, I too have made up one quote to spice it up a lil bit!! Here I present to you my creation as a conclusion …

“Like the quality red wine stimulates the heart kicks better, the ravishing quotes stimulates the intellectual kicks better”- Achala;)


Signing off for now,

Achu

8 comments:

Lokesh said...

Really nice one achu....enjoyed reading! "When a husband brings flowers for his wife for no reason, there’s a reason :)" is too good! It's humorous and says a lot..."The most important thing a father can do to his children is to love their mother” as well...very very important and makes a lot of difference.

My fav quote that I came across almost six years ago - "A risk not taken could be the biggest risk in your life!"

Unknown said...

hmmm.. indeed a great one. I loved it :) must say I loved the last quote the most ;)

Puttu said...

Wow!! really you have very good quotes collection.....

Every thing what we do in our life there must be some reason either its knowingly or unknowingly. I love this quote and absolutely it's 100% true.

“When a husband brings flowers for his wife for no reason, there’s a reason:)”.... ;)

Achala said...

seems like most married men intend to appreciate the below quote:)
“When a husband brings flowers for his wife for no reason, there’s a reason!"

Shanthi- glad to know tht i beat 'em all eh;)

Abhi said...

Bhuji....Real good one. I really liked it. My favourite is the pigeon & statue one. But i must say you really have good collection of quotes. Each one of them have so much meaning to it. Real good one bhuji........

Achala said...

Thanks Abhi:) indeed thats a nice quote...first time i came across that one in the email signature of my colleague.

Unknown said...

Achala..

You have very sincerely expressed your love for quotes ....I just rediscovered my liking towards them ..here is my favorite quote : "Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still "
And also loved your idea of having big cup of tea sitting by the window side and enjoying the crispness of the quotes!

Ashwini :-)

Achala said...

Ashwini- Indeed your fav quote speaks volumes! for a while i couldnt feel my hands reading it:)

Post a Comment