The GPS technique!

Ouch! Am I talking about GPS as in Global Positioning System? Well Indeed…! And people who know me well will be quite under shock thinking on my triggering technical instincts!! Um…I can even imagine some of their facial expressions ;)

We had hired one of the Nissans to travel around in the outskirts in UK. And as we miss the Indian luxury of asking for directions there, we managed to borrow GPS from one of our friends. My cousins conveniently had named it Miss.Tom relating to its company name and set it to the female voice. Now, she is one self sufficient woman with tremendous patience who can lead you to desired destiny provided you feed her with right postal code of the destination area. She had the perfect voice, perfect tone and extremely tolerating when you don’t listen to her which made her slightly boring and ofcourse an unrealistic woman;) And I couldn’t get over the way she pronounced the word- ‘then’ in that beautiful voice. I dint find UK accent that unfermented any time before! Each time she pronounced that word, it was kind of a musical note that lingered on my mind which made me wanting to hear more of that. She would instruct directions very politely which goes something like this- “go straight-and in the round about –take the first exit and then...” trust me...it was nice!

Recently, one of my friends had some problem. It was a pretty simple one but she was thoroughly confused. We discussed and I was glad that there was some convincing solution to her problem. But later on when I came back home, I was thinking about an easier way to clear out such petty confusions and that’s where the GPS technique entered my mind. Now I must warn that this technique may not resolve the comprehensive heart muscle problems…if you know what I mean! But this can drive you to solutions otherwise given a dedicated time for the journey.

Here is the example for the simple problem:- One day I come back to my room in the evening and find it totally clean. As happy as I can get, I don’t see the bunch of important papers that I had kept on my bed. Now, should I call the maid? Nope, that would be like an accident considering my repeated instructions. So, step on to the GPS mode! Become self sufficient having patience that it requires. If I were my maid, where would I have kept it? So I go to the study and it had become so sparkling that it looked like it’s never been used. The shelf above had music and on top of that the books which clearly had no room for papers. And the shelf next to that had some electronic gadgets that I can’t even identify. So now, getting desperate and with hopeless hope checked the dressing too. Hmm now is it the time for an accident? No not yet, I am just in the tolerating mode! So I take a quick turn around and take the exit of the room and then turn right and get into the sister’s room which has occasional occupancy and bam…there you find your papers in her book shelf:)

Well, I mean to say it’s all about chalking out a clearer plan and sometimes writing it on the paper to be more effective. My friend had once told me about desktop method but I find my technique more interesting with usage of word-‘then’! So first, when you know your destination with your firm decision, draw a map to it even when it seems boring to do and sounds unrealistic! And I promise that you will take the first exit to the solution from any damn problem!

PS: For people who wondered in the beginning on my technical strength building, I like to reconfirm that I am still me:)


Signing off for now,

Achu

3 comments:

Shri-Insights said...

really went bonkers when started so very technically nice to have you as you are as mentioned. GPS....why did it all come?finally convinced. good one though...
am still wondering!!!!!!why???

Lokesh said...

Miss Tom - yes, her voice makes her to be addressd that way. What an elegant voice! and look at the product design - too good isn't it? They have thought so much about it, including the tone of the voice. Well, that's called being seriously into business.

I loved this article achala, probably half of it, I was part of your experience....anyways, loved reading this and your application of GPS into real life. That's good!

Achala said...

Shridhar- It was just a gradual thought process!

Thanks Lokesh.

Post a Comment