Mind Twisters!

It’s ought to be ‘different’ when something has to capture the mind. Well it has to be…and that difference or the uniqueness drags the mind invariably towards it, may it be in any case. And recently, something of that sort I basked into took me for a complete joyride. It lent me the thoughts that made me think, absorb, demanding reasonable time for understanding it. Such lucid experience came through when I read the Contemporary Poetry written by a renowned writer Mani Rao from her book called - Salt. Some bits that I am tempted to share in this space is the courtesy from the same book and selected excerpts that I particularly enjoyed reading.

The writer’s profound thoughts can make you pause at times; can tickle your mind; some gives a sweaty work out to the mind; And that’s mainly because, these particular thoughts are inclined to our basic daily breaks which we kind of ignore to comprehend. And, when such fundamental matters are put across in such noetic and poetic manner, it tends to become an intellectual substance.

So, go ahead and grab the scoop of your mind’s essence with these twisters that gave me a good time reading which, I am hoping to give it you too.

And btw, I have left my favorite one to the end. Read on…


- Memory is a circle. The same things lead to the same things

- Things are things I can see

-You don’t need me to show you the visible Say the speakable

- The surest thing about counting or a clock, You know what comes next

- The mirror could be a chameleon

- The face takes the credit for the mysteries of light

- Stranger...Stranger than what?

- A dead person collects a 2 minute silence- a tax-

- If family was an adverb what verb would it describe?

- Give friendly strangers the liberties you give strange friends

-Silence is not the absence of sound, It’s the space of sound, The field of sound- S U R R O U N D

- Home is where the heart is and the heart is full of habit

- Hum the school songs that failed to teach you to love your country

- Friends are afraid to ask for things that we easily give strangers

- Why are we the only ones to walk on two legs, a begging position, if you ask a dog?

- There is love and there is love pickle

- Itch Itch Itch...Switch

- My physics teacher- “what is space”? I said “where there is no matter”. No, he Said, “Space is where there is matter”.


AND THIS ONE IS MY PERSONAL FAV:

-Why does everyone wear the same clothes?

Camouflage



Signing off for now,

Achu



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one...everything seems straightforward but need to spend some amount of time to get the true essence of each of them...

I liked these : The mirror could be a chameleon & Stranger...Stranger than what?


Cheers
Ashwini

Achala said...

Yes Ash. It does take some time to understand esp for thoughts like - "Itch Itch Itch...Switch" and "The face takes the credit for the mysteries of light"!

Abhi said...

It is indeed mind twisting....Really need time to understand each one....My favorites are The mirror could be a chameleon and The face takes the credit for the mysteries of light....Lot of patience and thinking is required to understand each one....Good one Bhuji!!!!!!!

Achala said...

Yes, true Abhi. Thank You!

Post a Comment