Creativity- A Ball Park in all creations??

I was driving on a Saturday evening to the temple and happened to stop my vehicle in one of the cross roads for my other vehicle friends to pass. In corner there was this new, a small place called “Water Colours”! At first, I was only able to get a glimpse of the outside setting as it had a veranda. I could not make out what it was about?? It was a store with extreme brightness yet having pleasant colours on its board with an attractive font. Now, what could this possibly be? I was curious as it took me back to my school days to my most favourite art class. Is it a painting workshop?? If it is… boy, I am going in there as it looked so interesting! I was very inquisitive to know about it. Whilst my mind was swirling around with various thoughts in 100kms per hour, my all other vehicle friends passed and I got my chance to move on. I made an effort to peep inside to know what it was and apparently, to my very surprise it was the juice bar!! Isn’t that the idea of someone thoughtful? Call a juice junction like that and make a set up which can play with your mind especially taking me to the very golden days back…that’s a place where I would like my juice…yeah! The name and set up did not leave me until I got to know what it was! Huh…. that’s creativity!

Creativity astounds me! Off the top of my head- the one thing that I think really floors me is the advertising world of the modern era. It is so unconventional these days and does such a great first hand sales. The attention grabbing is so tricky and some geniuses do it so well. Some of the print ads gosh…unimaginable…I recently read somewhere that most of the Indian and the global brands believe in using blue colour in their logos as blue stands for reliability. And I am sure, there would be lot more conditions & restrictions that one may have to keep in mind and yet create the best! Wonder how the right brain of humans can make such a larger impact!!

On the other hand, creativity has so much to contribute in our daily life as well. You may want to manage your time creatively, you may want to work out your office schedules creatively, you may want to tackle your family problems creatively, or you may want to come up with great life style creatively. Apparently everything gives a room for a creative work out.

Once, one of my colleagues requested me to contribute some material for his abroad university applications wherein he had to write about knowledge-vs-imagination. I was thrilled to just think about it. It apparently boils down to creativity-vs- logical thinking. As much as logical thinking is important, I could not resist giving an upper hand to the creative thinking. Imagine some of the finest men and women who are extremely good in their logical thinking- concepts, facts or procedures but can’t expand it due to lack in creativity. It is as good as garaging their knowledge. Imagine scientists with rich concepts but had no imagination or creativity, we would have been denied of so many inventions today. The same goes with musicians or painters. Wow- What a great loss that would have been! I somehow feel that having vague idea on actual concepts or basics is still better to create something outstanding or to make difference. Just like Henry ford, who understood little of engineering but demanded a great deal from his employers to transference his imaginations into reality. Ultimately they had no option but just to do it.


Overall, I bank upon the contribution of creativity to be not just the ‘ball park’ in all creations but the ‘whole all’. Infact, one of the best creations of the ultimate creator is that, he has bestowed a creative thinking into human life!

Signing off for now,

Achu

5 comments:

betrajthoughts said...

Hi Achala!

I liked the way creativity was visited by you. I think creative people are the eyes of the word. They are the guys who bring shape to our imaginations and make you see what they want to show. Any form of creativity is the greatest gift to humankind. Have you seen the latest Tanishq ad? WOW! is what I said when I saw the ad for the first time. Its great to see that you are a friends fan! Three things I do when I am depressed 1. reach my asterix collection, 2. reach my tintin collection 3. hold my ipod with all episodes of friends in it! There is a pattern in the series. Every episode which have the thanksgiving festival is superly hilarious! just check this out!! keep in the loop achala its nice to read a nice 'write'.

regards

Ashok

Unknown said...

Well written about creativity and was curious to find out what "water colours" was while reading. My take on creativity is that its nothing but extension of logical thinking.

Lokesh said...

nice one achu...i think u've been creative to certain extent in writing this.
Creativity...many think of beautiful things! Why can't creative be destructive....well forget it...i think u r saying the positive sides of having non destructive creativity :) It's really great to be creative that way n btw, knowledge vs imagination, they need one another!

Achala said...

Its good to get different perspective on creativity from diff people! i enjoyed reading all your views and agree with you all.

Just that, i lean bit more towards creativity because its like this essential fuel that keeps vehicle moving.

Lokesh said...

mmm....yes, but again, vehicle needs fuel to move and fuel needs a vehicle to use it's power! So both needs one another

Post a Comment